Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tapatio vs. Cholula Hot Sauces

cholula.
tapatio.
when I became a man, I put away childish things; in this case it was my beloved Frank's Hot Sauce.  I had graduated to the subtle yet bold taste of Cholula.  However, recently i have been prefering Tapatio to Cholula.   It's far cheaper, more easily available in large bottles, and somehow i just like it better.

Anyone else care to venture an opinion?
I should find something organic, local, and with no preservatives.  This does not seem likely, i guess i will end up making my own.

2 comments:

  1. I vote Cholula, although we're TOTALLY hooked on Aardvark right now. Sooo yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aardvark is good AND local! good reminder. i have to go get some.

    although i kinda think it's different then the standard garlicky hot sauces as above. it's got chunks

    ReplyDelete