Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a few good veggies

In my old age, i'm all of 33, it seems i've become enamored with food. Some could argue and have, that vegetarians, by definition, can not be wholly in love with food. I tend to agree with this sentiment. I have been known to fawn over pictures of A Hamburger Today. I'm sure foie gras is marvelous, but i've never had any. So let's just say, i'm vegetarian, for many reasons, and i love all food, but only eat some of it. Now we can move on.

My intent is to post pictures and experiences eating in and around Portland, and most of these will be purely vegetarian meals, depending upon with whom i'm dining.
I'll probably also post responses to food blog posts i've seen.

please feel free to constructively criticize my grammar, writing, and photos. However, I am fairly capitalization agnostic and toss them around like so much compost.
i hope some find this useful, but if i'm the only reader, that's fine too.





thanks for the photo foodcartsportland!

I leave you with a picture of "El Rancho Mexican Food" from the food carts near me on Greeley and N. Killingsworth. I quite enjoyed the Poblano Burrito. I was told it was vegetarian. It wasn't the most authentic Mexican experience i've ever had, but the fried poblano, beans and oaxaca cheese were fantastic all wrapped up with cilantro and pico de.

No comments:

Post a Comment